Chanel College is situated in the village of Coolock on the North side of Dublin on the Malahide Road. The school opened in 1955 with twelve pupils in its first year. It was the year after the Canonisation of St. Peter Chanel, one of the early Marists, and the college was named after him. The main part of the school was built in the late sixties. It has been educating the young men of Coolock and its environs ever since.