Leadership is designed to explore views and ideas on what Leadership means at a general level. It will also assist students to begin developing their current and potential leadership skills, aptitudes and competencies, and enhance their self-confidence to identify and embrace with a positive can-do attitude, leadership opportunities and options as they unfold.full course
The objective of this workshop is to help participants to answer the following questions:
- What is a good definition of Leadership?
- What qualities, characteristics, roles and functions do effective leaders have in common?
- What are the habits of effective people?
- What are my own specific Leadership Learning Development Needs?
It will also provide the first steps in helping participants to develop their own Leadership Learning Plan.
By the end of this workshop, participants will be able to
- Recognise and understand what successful outstanding leaders do
- Know and appreciate personal qualities, characteristics and attributes of effective leaders
- Become aware of the 7 Habits of Effective people and Leaders
- Understand, appreciate and recognise the need to develop good habits to cultivate leadership potential within themselves
- Identify good role models of Leadership which they can emulate
- Take the first initial steps towards developing their own Leadership potential and style
- Choose one habit of successful teens to focus on and make sustaining improvements in their proficiency
- Activity Sheets
- Review of Video
- Habits I would like to improve
- Review & Reflection on Workshop
- Handout Material
- How to improve the 7 Habits – step by step for each of 7 Habits
- 20 Success Principles for Teens
- AV Facilities
- Pens and Pencils
5 mins: Introduction & Link to Previous Workshop if appropriate
5 mins: Exploring participants qualities & attributes of their chosen leader
5 mins: Video: Are You a Leader- What Leaders have in common – ACTIVITY SHEET
5 mins: Discussion on Learning from Video
20 mins: Powerpoint Input – Common Characteristics of Effective Leaders
10 mins: Video on 7 Habits of Effective Teenagers – ACTIVITY SHEET
10 mins: Feedback Session on the Habits of Successful Teenagers
5 mins: The Habits I would like to improve – ACTIVITY SHEET
10 mins: Group Work: Explore the Habits of Successful Teens
5 mins: Review, Reflection & Close
Total 80 minutes to complete Workshop
Are You a Leader – What Leaders have in common
Video on 7 Habits of Effective Teenagers